What is plasma?
Plasma is liquefied gas, the fourth state of matter (the other three being solid, liquid and gas). Plasma does not exist naturally, but can be created under specific circumstances by ionizing oxygen.
The Plaxel pen’s (our pen at Body Lounge) technology creates plasma sparks that shoot out of the pen and into the skin. The Plaxel needle itself does not touch the skin (unbeknownst to many) – the plasma jumps from the handpiece to the skin. This stimulates fibroblasts deeper in the dermis to produce fresh collagen.
This results in the cells coming together to tighten and lift the skin.
What will the recovery period be like? Is there downtime?
Your provider will give you detailed aftercare instructions at your appointment. Those may include the following:
- Little dots on the skin will appear and it will look like a bad sunburn. Once the carbon crusts rise, the dots will be brownish black and the skin will be bumpy. This will occur within 24-48 hours. The sunburn feeling usually lasts about 24 hours.
- Swelling is common and normal, especially for the eyes which typically swell moderately. Only ice if you have excessive swelling as this can work against the body’s natural inflammatory response which stimulates collagen production.
- The dots will stay on the skin for between 5-7 days. It is crucial that the dots are allowed to heal and fall off on their own, or you risk scarring your skin. Do not apply makeup or anything other than the aftercare products we provide while the dots are still on the skin.
- Avoid the gym for several days to prevent sweating and potential infection. Stay out of the sun, and try to keep the area dry in the shower if possible.
- We will schedule a followup appointment 2 weeks out to ensure skin is healing properly.
So what can we treat with Fibroblast?
Just about any area where there is sagging or lax skin. Some of the more common areas and treatments are for:
- Nonsurgical eyelid tightening / nonsurgical blepharoplasty
- Improving under eye bags and wrinkles
- Skin tightening of the neck and body (arms, knees, stomach)
- Improving turkey neck (sagging, wrinkled skin on the neck)
- Improving expression-based fine lines and wrinkles including smile lines, crow’s feet, smoker’s lines, forehead lines, frown lines & more
It’s amazing how instantly effective the treatment is. Most people see max results between 5-7 weeks but you will start to see results immediately. With surgery like outcomes, it’s a no brainer compared to surgery.
For a Complimentary Consult give us a call and see if Plasma Fibroblast would be good for you.