The popularity of Botox is on the rise for men
Women still dominate the market for cosmetic procedures, but the number of men getting work done is trending upward. Botox and other botulinum toxin injections like Dysport and Xeomin are some of the most popular anti-aging methods for men.
Some factors that may be contributing to the increased popularity of Botox among men include:
- Workplace competitiveness. Many men report being motivated to get Botox to maintain their competitiveness against their younger co-workers. Many people feel that keeping a youthful appearance helps them fight against ageism in the workplace.
- Social media. The rise of social media and online dating apps may also be a motivating factor for some men who want to look their best for their online profiles.
- Encouragement from significant other. Some men may be motivated to get cosmetic procedures for their significant other.
Popular Injection Sites for Men
The most popular reason men get Botox injections is to reduce facial wrinkles. Botox is also used to treat several health conditions, such as neck spasms, TMJ pain, lazy eyes, and excessive sweating.
The most common places men get Botox is:
- in the corners of the eyes to prevent crow’s feet
- between the eyebrows to target frown lines
- in the forehead to reduce creases
- around the mouth to target laugh lines
BOTOX- DYSPORT- XEOMIN (NEUROTOXINS)
Often times neurotoxins all get referred to as Botox as it was the first cosmetic neurotoxin on the market. However here at Body Lounge we do offer three great neurotoxin products depending on your preference & desired result- Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport.
As well as offering the three, we also accept rewards points from Brilliant Distinctions and Aspire Rewards.
WILL I BE ABLE TO MAKE FACIAL EXPRESSIONS?
Although the results are visible, a treatment will not radically change your facial appearance or make you look as if you’ve “had work done.” The muscle activity that causes moderate to severe frown lines between the brows is temporarily reduced, so you can still frown or look surprised without the wrinkles and creases between your brows.
HOW QUICKLY WILL I SEE A DIFFERENCE?
On average, *within 24 to 48 hours you may notice a softening in the appearance of your lines. The area continues to *improve for up to two weeks. The results are not permanent and should be repeated every 3-4 months to maintain results.